types of food i generally don’t fuck w/outside of specialty places:
- a lot of seafood (lobster especially; two bad experiences come to mind, one (at some tourist trap-y place out in louisbourg (which, on an unrelated note, is always foggy, as in “a blanket of fog as soon as you pass the “welcome to louisbourg” sign)) was merely mediocre, the other i couldn’t even finish it—though, admittedly, that probably also had a lot do with the benadryl fucking my depth perception such that i could barely bring the fork to my mouth)
most missed limited time only fast food menu items:
- wendy’s’s spicy baconator; which was actually my first encounter with a baconator. it had pepperjack, jalapenos and a spicy mayo and it was amazing.
- a&w’s spicy mama; which, fortunately, seems to be periodically put back into circulation.
- taco bell’s little $0.60 container of jalapenos; which were best used as a carry-out which you could put on burgers at other places.
most missed discontinued/limited time only sodas:
- jolt cola
- mello yello (which apparently is still made in some places?)
- coke blak
least missed discontinued/limited time only soda:
- vanilla coke
chocolate bar variants that are better than the original:
- mint aero
- mint three musketeers
- kit kat crunchy, depending on the day
worst individual burgers i’ve ever eaten:
- something at a&w, probably a mama, that was so overloaded with mayo (that particular a&w almost always made their burgers dreadfully uneven) that it spat a giant glob on my face upon the first bite
- a burger at wendy’s, i don’t remember exactly what it was called, just that it had blue cheese, and i believe i basically ordered on a dare because it didn’t look good at all; it had super-crunchy and also super-watery lettuce and one of the last bites ended up being about 70% water, and that water, as it flushed through the burger, had swamped up the dissonant flavors of blue cheese, bacon, burger grease and onions and upon reaching my mouth they coagulated into a single taste, which i can’t describe beyond that it was very unpleasant and very persistent.
- icanttumble said: but vanilla coke! D:
- imathers said: I actually liked the wendy’s blue cheese burger, but it sounds like i had a much better experience with it than you did.
- imathers likes this
- shash said: Mello Yello and Vanilla Coke are still around, at least in Minneapolis. I miss Diet Vanilla Coke, though.
- insomnius likes this
- murkytimeistimeschool posted this