is it ever explained why jerrica didn’t just tell rio that she’s jem in the first place? am i missing something? i mean, poor rio is dumb and loyal like a dog, surely if she could trust the other girls in the band she could’ve trusted him.
well i think the reason for this, though i haven’t watched my Jem batch yet, would be that she wants to ascertain who he really likes because she can’t live as just Jem and the “real” her is Jerrica so she wants him to like her for who she normally is not just because sometimes she’s Jem.
worthwhile things to talk about. this might also be worded poorly, i had a hard time putting it together in a way i was satisfied with.
nah, i follow you. (i’m only, i think, 4 episodes in so i’m not too qualified to really dig into this yet either.) it kinda seems to me like jerrica and jem are the same except for the costume, so i’m not really sure where one ends and the other begins—but it doesn’t seem like she quite knows either. there doesn’t seem to be any practical block to telling rio, so i can only assume it’s psychological. i’ma have to watch more and see where this goes.
(are there any, like, serious(ish, even) critical/analytical writings on jem & the holograms? if there are, i want to read them. if there aren’t, i guess i’m going to make it a goal to write them. summer 2k12 #jem)
- fuckmaniknowbuthey said: I really hope that we’re gonna stick with watching and seriously analyzing Jem and not just abandon it unceremoniously like our IM@S playthrough or like half a dozen random “HEY SHOW TO WATCH/THING TO DO” activities.
- fuckmaniknowbuthey reblogged this from disneyvsimaxtheaters
- disneyvsimaxtheaters reblogged this from murkytimeistimeschool and added:
- murkytimeistimeschool reblogged this from disneyvsimaxtheaters and added:
- imathers likes this
- murkytimeistimeschool posted this